Re: [fw-wiz] Internet accessible screened subnet - use public orprivateIPs?

From: Dale W. Carder (dwcarder_at_doit.wisc.edu)
Date: 07/28/05

    To: lordchariot@earthlink.net
    Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:22:11 -0500

    Thus spake lordchariot@earthlink.net (lordchariot@earthlink.net) on Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 08:12:58PM -0400:

    > What about when IPv6 becomes predominant on the net?

    I wouldn't worry about this too much for businesses in the US.

    > Am I mistaken that there doesn't seem to be any concept of NAT in the IPv6
    > specs?

    The idea of ipng was to learn from our mistakes.

    However, either 1) NAT for ipv6 will be created, 2) PI address space becomes
    a reality, or 3) an elegant to deal with hosts w/ multiple addresses bound to
    an interface. Any of those is a long ways off at this point.

    You may be interested in reading:
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-nap-01.txt

    Dale

    • Re: Shop Wiring Suggestions
      ... don't worry too much about it, Dale. ... learned early why he's known as the #1 dickhead on the wRec. ...
      (rec.woodworking)
    • Re: Lines in a text box
      ... How do I insert a rich text box into a word document and why wouldn't i have ... Whats happening now is that all the text goes into text box but there islot ... > Hi Dale: ... > worry about the text fitting. ...
      (microsoft.public.vb.controls)
    • Viola! eht bup si nepo.
      ... Mrs Dale just opened the pub, and I'm enjoying a cool you know what. ... workout this morning at the rich guy's gym was terrific. ... and don't worry about the democrats trying to register ...
      (misc.writing)
    • Re: Can you test a coil with a meter to see if it is good or not???
      ... Don't worry about it, the term that Dale was looking for instead of ... whatever your machine, EM or SS, uses for coils) by touching a lead to ... the coil terminal and seeing if it fires. ...
      (rec.games.pinball)