RE: [fw-wiz] Internet accessible screened subnet - use public orprivateIPs?

From: R. DuFresne (dufresne_at_sysinfo.com)
Date: 07/28/05

    To: lordchariot@earthlink.net
    Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:05:38 -0400 (EDT)

    • Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
      ... other people in key postions do and have seen to it that ipv6 got invented and then implemented in all the major hardware and software by now. ... By insisting on using NAT in situations where it's not actually required you shoot yourself in the foot, because developers can not then develop the cool new things that NAT makes impossible. ... As in pretty much every other area of life, destruction is far easier than construction. ... It wouldn't bother me too much if we made it a rule that NAT was not allowed anywhere on the internet. ...
      (SuSE)
    • RE: Racoon Problem & Cisco Tunnel
      ... Internet is going to have to go there. ... IPv4, IPv6, and NAT are ... My protocol developers have a few LANs at home and we happily use NAT there. ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: Antivirus und spybot
      ... Bei IPv4 und NAT gibt es sie nicht auf den einzelnen Endgeraeten, ... global geroutete Adressen bei IPv6. ... Der groesste Vorteil von IPv6 isz die fehlende Notwendigkeit fuer NAT. ... duer den das Internet nicht nur aus dem WWW und evt. ...
      (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
    • Re: Racoon Problem & Cisco Tunnel
      ... NAT are all just tools that I have to apply with "business sense." ... not inherently evil, nor is IPv6. ... My protocol developers have a few LANs at home and we happily use NAT ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)