RE: [fw-wiz] Intel vs. special purpose FW-1 servers

From: Ionut Boldizsar (ionut_at_provision.ro)
Date: 07/24/05

    To: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr@ranum.com>
    Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:28:22 +0300

    This is all great, but I hope you are mainly referring to hardware
    equipments and office suites, otherwise you just put 80 % of us out of
    business (both vendors and practitioners) :)
    I somehow believe that security related software should be
    update/maintained as much as possible. Mainly because anyhow this is all
    reactive, thus two-steps behind the real threat.
    You might be using Office 95, and do a great job with it, but I doubt
    you're still using a '95 antivirus on that PC, right? :)

    And still, your last phrase is pure truth: most of this stuff really has
    no future.

    //ionut