Re: [fw-wiz] Discretionary WiFi Access

From: Roger Rustad (roger.rustad_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/21/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com, jwelch@buffalowildwings.com
    Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:38:55 -0700

    How would you know if there were port abuse? What types of port
    activity would you look for?

    Roger

    Paul D. Robertson wrote:
    > On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Josh Welch wrote:
    >

    >>I have setup an access point outside of our firewall for this express
    >>purpose. It is wide open and I simply monitor port usage to keep an eye
    >>out for any abuse, it hasn't been an issue so far.
    >

    > Isn't this kind of SBCYF[1]?
    >
    > Paul
    > [1] Security by crossing your fingers.

    • Re: [fw-wiz] worm?
      ... disallow outgoing connections to port 25. ... Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] RE: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!
      ... > a normal port for SQL server *until* MSDE came out. ... Paul -- what ever happened to the first rule (maybe its the second ... Perhaps some of the .edu admins need to first ... design concepts and security. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Help in accessing GPIOs in an i.MX21 (ADS21 board)
      ... how is GPIOHANDLE declared by the unmanaged code? ... Paul G. Tobey wrote: ... I sent as Port I still see that the value ... UINT32 signalMask, UINT32 stateMask) ...
    • Re: Help in accessing GPIOs in an i.MX21 (ADS21 board)
      ... If you've given us the correct unmanaged code declaration ... GPIOHANDLE is declared in the unmanaged code as typedef ... Paul G. Tobey wrote: ... I sent as Port I still see that the ...
    • Re: Help in accessing GPIOs in an i.MX21 (ADS21 board)
      ... Paul G. Tobey wrote: ... I sent as Port I still see that the value ... For the method INT8 DDKGetGpioSignalState(GPIOHANDLE gpiohandle, ... UINT32 signalMask, UINT32 stateMask) ...