Re: [fw-wiz] The Death Of A Firewall

From: Kevin (kkadow_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/19/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:28:17 -0500

    On 7/9/05, James Paterson <jpaterson@datamirror.com> wrote:
    > http://www.securitypipeline.com/165700439
    >
    > Be interesting to get the communities take on this article.

    This is the Jericho project, http://www.opengroup.org/jericho/

    Either this is the worst thing to ever come out of the Opengroup,
    or a massive practical joke, or some combination of the two.

    I've certainly got better things to do with my time than build and
    monitor and maintain firewalls, but trying to keep tens of thousands
    of workstations *perfectly* immune to attack isn't my idea of an
    improvement over the status quo.

    Kevin Kadow

    • Re: [fw-wiz] The Death Of A Firewall
      ... James Paterson wrote: ... >Be interesting to get the communities take on this article. ... This is a model that has holes... ... router acl are not statefull. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] The Death Of A Firewall
      ... On 09/07/05 17:33 -0400, James Paterson wrote: ... > Be interesting to get the communities take on this article. ... He replaced a simple packet filter with a defense in depth security ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)