[fw-wiz] Forwarding traffic to an active IDS/Firewall

From: Vinicius Pavanelli Vianna (ds_at_hacked.com.br)
Date: 07/13/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:39:35 -0300

    Hi all,

    Anyone knows how I can forward all traffic the came to a Cisco Catalyst
    swith to an gateway to do some IDS/Firewall/Traffic Shape?
    In ipfw (freebsd) this would be done by an "fwd" rule to forward all
    packets to an forced gateway, this can be done in an cisco device or i
    need to emulate all the valid IPs on the switch and use a VLAN with the
    servers so the IDS receive the packets and forward to the internal VLAN,
    this would be a little harmful ;)

    TIA,
    Vinicius

    • Re: Routing and Remote Access NAT - I need to modify TTL
      ... Not just packets with NAT header. ... the gateway to my computer. ... Now there are no worms and the only one APR poisoning the network is the ISP ... In fact the main reason for the ARP poisoning is to monitor all of the ...
    • Re: Strange networking problems after update 5.2.1->5.3
      ... configurations to make sure that the configuration seems alright (or at ... Check "arp -a" and make sure that the default gateway is what you expect, ... to make sure that packets destined for non-local destinations ... packets missing at some step, the wrong address, or the like. ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Troubles with Wireless pentest
      ... you should get the mac address of the gateway. ... mac of incoming packets. ... The network had a weak point = its wireless network. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • problems with clients behind ipf/ipnat firewall
      ... While everything from my gateway box is fine. ... 10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0% packet loss ... # rules for the external fxp0 interface ... pass out quick on fxp0 proto tcp from any to any flags S keep state ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: ipv6 default router Operation not permitted
      ... Does adding the interface route not put the default gateway on-link ... I fail to see how they would be routing to you and you would be switching to them. ... So if everyone was on a /64 then we will send packets ...
      (freebsd-net)