[fw-wiz] Intel vs. special purpose FW-1 servers

From: Emily Conrad (emilydconrad_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/12/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:17:59 +0000

    Hello,

    We are working on a project to upgrade our firewall infrastructure.

    One of the questions is whether to use FW-1 on a standard Intel server or to
    use a special-purpose optimized version of FW-1 on a dedicated hardware
    platform such as Nokia firewall appliance or Crossbeam systems C30/X40.

    Does anyone have any advice on what factors are important when making such a
    decision?

    Thanks,

    Emily