[fw-wiz] Checkpoint VPN

From: QTR (tmwhitm_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/12/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:09:26 -0400

    Hello, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right
    direction. I have come off a long run of managing Cyberguard
    firewalls and am now in the Checkpoint realm, so forgive my ignorance.
     I am having an issue with secure client. I have several SoHo users
    whose default routers place them on a 172.16.0.0 network. These users
    cannot connect to the gateway. Dumps on the checkpoint fw gateway
    show no incoming packets and a dump on the client show udp 500 leaving
    the client, which leads me to the router/firewall @ the SoHo. Router
    makes vary, anywhere from 2wire to netgear, the result is the same. I
    initially thought it had something to do with the routing topology
    since our topology pushes a static route for a 172 network, but I had
    the SoHo router changed to a 10 network that is statically routed in
    the topology and that worked fine. At this point I am at a loss. Any
    suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thank you,

    • RE: [fw-wiz] Firewalls v. Router ACLs
      ... people to take in consideration in network design and layout. ... here and the old firewalls list often emphasized an approach that avoided ... The logging alert features alone turn this layer into a IDS as ... > An appropriately sized router will not have any performance problems. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall routing thought...
      ... networks that the firewalls are protecting, ... and let the router sort out what networks are ... >>Your network layout isn't really clear from your email, ... >>you make a change in broadcast domains, the router is going to be involved. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: Ask EU Technical Section: Networking questions
      ... I have just added a new lapdog to my household and so needed to set up a wireless network, so that it could share the broadband connection with the main PC. ... The router is a Belkin N Wireless Modem Router. ... You need to set the software firewalls on each PC to allow the local network to connect to them. ... If you can't Share the folder, you will need to enable File Sharing for the machine as a whole. ...
      (uk.media.radio.archers)
    • [fw-wiz] Firewalls v. Router ACLs
      ... used firewalls to protect our part of the network from network ... 100% successful and we have not been impacted by the numerous network-borne ... We are now being pressurised to remove the firewalls by the rest of the company. ... A secondary argument is cost - the router is seen as a one-off purchase ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: HSRP with load balancing on a Cisco IOS based firewall
      ... Can I implement MHSRP across IOS based firewalls on Ciso routers? ... Split the network behind the Firewall into subnets say Network A and network ... Network A has router X as its primery and router Y as its secondary. ... My prelimnary research on HSRP gives me the understanding that in an HSRP ...
      (Security-Basics)