Re: [fw-wiz] Discretionary WiFi Access

From: Chris Byrd (cbyrd01_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/08/05

    To: Dave Null <noid23@gmail.com>
    Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:57:05 -0500

    Many APs support 802.1x with dynamic VLAN membership. This means that
    authenticated users get into a internal access VLAN (still should be
    seperated from the internal network by firewall - this is the
    firewalls list after all), non-authenticated users get an Internet
    access VLAN. You can use queueing techniques to rate-limit the
    guests.

    A captive portal would allow you to make guests sign off on acceptable
    use terms before giving them access.

    - Chris