RE: [fw-wiz] Opinion: Worst interface ever.

From: Paul D. Robertson (paul_at_compuwar.net)
Date: 07/06/05

    To: Mark Teicher <mht3@earthlink.net>
    Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 12:11:08 -0400 (EDT)

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Mark Teicher wrote:

    > You may want call technical support ahead of time and schedule lots
    > of offline time to configure it properly or all your email might end
    > up in /dev/null. :(

    I'll reiterate that things are functioning fine once I get a rule that
    works the way I expect it to (I've been tcpdumping and testing as I make
    changes to the rules.) The box (a major plus) will not allow the traffic
    when I have it seemingly configured correctly, but not to its liking- so
    I think from a security perspective the box is doing the right thing-
    we're just not speaking the same language, or the initial configuration
    has some issues[1]. Once the rules are in place, I get fully functional,
    including over reboots.

    Watchguard has been good in getting hold of me and I have a support call
    scheduled for this afternoon- we'll see how that goes, but so far they've
    done all the right things and none of the wrong ones.

    Paul
    [1] Which if it is true, is something else that'll need to be addressed.