RE: [fw-wiz] Opinion: Worst interface ever.

From: Mark Teicher (mht3_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 07/06/05

    To: "Eugene Kuznetsov" <eugene@datapower.com>
    Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:46:12 -0400

    The WG UI has been redesigned over the years, but still has the same
    clunk and feel it used to have in the early days, the context
    sensitive help actually works compared to years ago where one filed a
    bug and waited for the next rev. Their appliance design has changed
    many times for cost reasons. At one time or another they were known
    as "The Big RED BOX" firewall. I think that was when David Bonn was
    their Chief Technology Officer, since then I don't know who has been
    fiddling with the code or the User Interface. All I can say is that
    there are still issues with the interface and some of the newer
    features, whatever you do plan ahead when enabling the in-line AV and
    SPAM feature.
    You may want call technical support ahead of time and schedule lots
    of offline time to configure it properly or all your email might end
    up in /dev/null. :(