[fw-wiz] CISCO ROUTER AT THE BORDER

dmauro_at_cmpprinceton.com
Date: 07/01/05

    To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:55:21 -0400

    Can anyone help me to get an acl list made on this router. I have read a
    lot of stuff but its time to do it. I read about netflow, but its not
    supported on a 2600. I need to find out what comes in and what goes out in
    a effective way, one that is not going to interupt anything. Any help would
    be great, im trying to take the load off my firewall and secure my router
    more then it is.

    • Re: ALERT: WPA can be less secure than WEP
      ... They attach a label to the bottom of the router with the router ... password, unique SSID, and WEP encryption key. ... if the cost of an additional label will cause the wireless ... >misleading - the suggestion that you can get instant secure links ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: Can A Hacker Steal My Files If I Dont Share Any Folders In Vista File Sharing?
      ... Two hours is not a long time for someone to notice and then hack into your ... unsecured, but SSL/HTTP is secure, so anyone who could intercept and decrypt ... SSL/HTTP traffic can easily crack your WiFi connection whether you secured ... I'm assuming that by "unsecured" you mean that the router didn't have any ...
    • RE: Cable Vs. DSL
      ... Well, its likely that he is using a Linksys or D-link NAT enabled router, ... yes your clients are pretty secure as long as you are not port ... >is what the clients are seen to have from the internet. ... NAT basically provides you with about as much security as your mp3 player, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Whos using my network?
      ... The original poster stated that the router is secured but that the key ... may have been given out to neighbors by an over-accomodating husband. ... Secure you Wireless with WPA or WPA2 and No one would connect. ...