Re: [fw-wiz] Equifax Canada

From: Mark Teicher (
Date: 06/22/05

    To: "Paul D. Robertson" <>
    Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:03:23 -0400

    If we return to the gold standard, or "cash 'n' carry".. Some of these
    issues would alleviate themselves. How many people do you know go around
    with less than $10.00 in their wallet and just carry plastic. As a society
    we have become dependent plastic items with mag stripes on the back. How
    many people go to gas stations that only accept cash ?? How many 7-11's
    are starting to question if you open up your wallet and pay for your items
    in cash?? But yet, still have the markings on the door to get a possible
    or potential assailants height.

    Pretty soon, one could be punished for cutting up their credit cards just
    as the mattress people warn us not to remove the tag.

    At 07:07 PM 6/20/2005, Paul D. Robertson wrote:
    >On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, R. DuFresne wrote:
    > > But are the worth of the data here merely relational to the cost of
    > > contacting those clients whose information was compromised? Maybe to the
    >The value of the data to the custodian of the data is a lot less than it
    >is to the attacker or person who's data it is.
    > > company, but, I'm willing to bet the clients consider this data much more
    > > vauable then that, I would, and their costs, the clients is not yet
    > > ended, esepcially if their victims of identity theft...
    >Nope, their clients aren't really the folks they're keeping the data on...
    > > > It is true, they loose some credibility
    > >
    > > Which is another sense of the value and loss incurred in this case, an
    > > additional loss.
    >But it doesn't really matter to their clients.
    >Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions
    > which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
    >firewall-wizards mailing list

    firewall-wizards mailing list

    • Lump Sum for Cash.
      ... You can now offer to help your clients get quick cash for their ... mortgages and other notes and cash flows. ... held notes without any delinquencies with the United States Treasury ... cash needs, we can buy all or some of the note. ...
    • Re: IC v. Employee question
      ... >Just out of curiosity - does anyone here get paid in cash by their services ... >or their clients? ...
    • Re: sp -cs-5
      ... that in progress ... by the way cash only, the same you take from the clients you give a head ...
      ... My cash has always come from my clients repeat,repeat,repeat,repeat ... always profitable business with me. ... Who do I consider shareholders??? ... Gotta go where the cash is. ...
    • Re: Eyes In The Sky
      ... Ian Erickson could probably fetch a photo of ... for little to no cost. ... You call in sick. ... I'm talking in these cases clients who had ...