[fw-wiz] Problem with Mac and PIX Firewall

From: slytle (slytle_at_mac.com)
Date: 06/04/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:19:14 -0400

    I'm new to this list and have a strange problem. I tried this about 2
    years ago and switched to Windows because I couldn't fix it, but
    wanted top give it another try.

    I am trying to hook up a mac running OSX 10.3.9 to the DMZ on our PIX
    Firewall. When I put in any internal 10. IP address, the Mac warns me
    that this IP address is in use by another device with the MAC Address
    of the firewall. It does this with multiple machines, multiple IP
    addresses, and OS9. It does not happen with Windows. I'm totally
    lost. Any ideas?

    TIA,

    slytle

    • Re: OS X firewall and anti virus
      ... I've always loved the MAC and don't ... Actually, the lawsuit started with the release of Windows 2, and was ... have active anti-malware software. ... Any recommendations for a firewall as well? ...
      (comp.sys.mac.apps)
    • Re: Can you imagine any company producing worse shit than Microsoft?
      ... I prefer Linux distributions and Windows over Mac OS any day. ... That hasn't been the case for some time now, a built-in firewall was ... One has to purchase third party add-ons to make the Finder usable ...
      (rec.sport.tennis)
    • Re: Mac OSX to WinXP Networking
      ... At one point, in fiddling around, I saw that my Mac said ... I just tried to switch on my "windows sharing" and log onto ... If you have Service Pack 2 and are using the Windows Firewall ... under Networking. ...
    • Re: VPC utilities etc
      ... > Windows under VPC behaves like any other Windows PC - it is vulnerable. ... > The excellent Mac OS X firewall will not protect you. ... I agree w/ all you say above EXCEPT the last statement (Re: MAC OS X ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
    • Re: OT - Desktop Linux
      ... What Linux distro are you using, ... you have the Linux firewall set up? ... Some claim it's no better than Windows. ... Others swear it's quite bulletproof -- sort of like a Mac. ...
      (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)