[fw-wiz] RPC 135

From: Norman Zhang (norman.zhang_at_gmail.com)
Date: 05/27/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 00:18:13 -0600

    Hi,

    Currently TCP\135 is enabled for

    * domain logon and authentication between DCs
    * remote activities such as looking security logs

    I have been told I should convert TCP\135 to RPC\135, as TCP\135 may
    introduce more risk. But I'm not sure what RPC programs are the above
    services tied to. Could someone please comment if the conversion to RPC
    programs is more secure? And does anyone know what MS program are tied
    to the above services?

    Regards,
    Norman Zhang