Re: [fw-wiz] A fun smackdown...

From: Marcus J. Ranum (mjr_at_ranum.com)
Date: 05/21/05

    To: Chuck Swiger <chuck@codefab.com>
    Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 15:52:52 -0400

    Chuck Swiger wrote:
    >Nope. If you need to fix it later, you didn't do a good job of making it work in the first place.

    Then how on earth can you be defending the current standards
    and the process by which they were created?

    mjr.

    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] another product affected by recent MS IE @ patch
      ... > are attracting customers by announcing webpage packages where email ... company" that deliberately flouts the standards of the technology it ... it is very unlike MS to "fix" something when they know it will ... web browsers has now been fixed so their "service" has become a dis- ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: bug #350639
      ... Why is this left up every user of testing to fix ... that is the standard flow. ... it's an indication of following standards and flow. ... result of the Debian "flow". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Firefox in Code
      ... The file needs lots of cleaning before it is considered to be Standards ... compliant but rich wanted a quick fix and that is all I have given him. ... I still think that it should be an .html file ... Web Site http://trevorl.mvps.org ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
    • Re: bug #350639
      ... supposed to be able to troubleshoot and fix problems in "testing". ... What you say about testing is even more true about Sid, yet the Sid version is fixed. ... Following your logic there was no need to fix the bug in Sid at all as Sid users are supposed to be even more skilled in fixing the problems they run across. ... it's an indication of following standards and flow. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Firefox CSS display problem
      ... > Which breaks the original fix to correct the lack of fill in a <div>. ... Then you can use a fix that does the thing on a standards page. ... inconsistent between browsers. ...
      (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)