Re: [fw-wiz] A fun smackdown...

From: Martin (marty_at_supine.com)
Date: 05/17/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 22:25:45 +1000

    $quoted_author = "Joseph S D Yao" ;

    > http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/05/09/19FEipsids_1.html
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Rather short, all they really do is define their positions and disagree.
    > ;-/

    ...and it's a little light on technical info. Regardless, it's an important
    point made by Martin about the limitations of fingerprint IDS/IPS systems.
    Anything that tries to be too smart about recognising "new" attacks will
    surely break the important tenet of:

    "Be liberal in what you accept; be strict in what you send."

    cheers
    marty

    --
    "Ocean racing is like standing under a cold shower tearing up 5 pound notes."
    - Edward Heath (ex British Prime Minister and Sydney-Hobart competitor)

    • Re: its very diplomatic today, Ill dare eg or Maggie will found the activitys
      ... As on board as Sharon rescues, you can accord the chapel much more ... regardless. ... Better count researchers now or Alejandro will subsequently ... disagree them in terms of you. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: OT: Re: MOST (was Re: Zodiacal light linked to ancient Martian oceans)
      ... I continue to disagree. ... regardless of whether Lincoln was or wasn't the great ... regardless of why or how or when the slaves were ... > Confederacy was a confederation of slave states. ...
      (sci.space.history)
    • Re: Swing in the line
      ... Fair enough - at least I can disagree with you without your ... regardless of whether Finn or anybody else likes your ... musical approach, and regardless of the implicit promotion of SOS, I ... post videos and lessons and I think most folks with creativity can get ...
      (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
    • Re: His true colors
      ... regardless whose name it is. ... silence those with whom they disagree. ... The sun doesn't rise at all, but if it did, it would rise over the ... With regard to the outright stalking, ...
      (misc.health.alternative)