Re: [fw-wiz] PIX -> ISA -> OWA Configuration

From: Danny (nocmonkey_at_gmail.com)
Date: 05/05/05

    To: Jason Gomes <greyline@phreaker.net>
    Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 14:25:48 -0400

    On 5/1/05, Jason Gomes <greyline@phreaker.net> wrote:
    > What is the preferred placement for a OWA front-end server given these
    > two possible network configurations and why?
    >
    > 1) [Internet] <==> [PIX Firewall] <==> [ISA Proxy] <==> [PIX Firewall]
    > <==> [OWA] <==> [Internal Net w/Exchange Svr]
    >
    > 2) [Internet] <==> [PIX Firewall] <==> [ISA Proxy] <==> [OWA] <==> [PIX
    > Firewall] <==> [Internal Net w/Exchange Svr]
    >
    > Notes:
    > The ISA server is performing a reverse proxy for HTTPS connections.
    > In #1, the backend firewall will only allow port 443 through to OWA.
    > In #2, all ports required for OWA to communicate with the internal
    > exchange server is allowed.

    What type of clients? Road warrior employees with laptops? If so, how about:

    3) Verified client with proprietary VPN client and AES 256 -> Big bad
    Innernat -> Firewall only allowing connections from proprietary VPN
    client -> ISA Proxy -> OWA & Exchange

    ...D

    • Re: Hardware Specs For Cluster
      ... Then there's the client usage patterns. ... 300 will use OWA via FE servers, ... spindles are going to be better vs. the 300GB spindles they sell with the ... You may want to consider putting some of the IO in the server ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.design)
    • Re: Entourage and Exchange2003
      ... Well I can connect internally using OWA. ... (Only 1 server so no FE server so ... The Mac email client Mail v 2.0.5 works fine with my Excahgne server. ... "Lewej" wrote: ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
    • Re: Exchange 2003 and Pop3 passwords not being accepted.
      ... able to log in through an exchange profile and OWA. ... This is to test if your pop3 server is alive. ... The user is able to acces their mailbox via an exchange ... >> other mail client the password is not accepted. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Errors in "Premium" OWA Connection
      ... I am having problems both inside and outside the network. ... from machine to machine - sorta like it's something on the client end. ... perhaps there's a bug in OWA?? ... >>We've recently upgraded our server to Windows Server ...
    • RE: First OWA now client problem
      ... The POP3 service is diasbled by default on an Exchange 2003 server. ... >Some users have no access to OWA ... >Using outlook as a client I backed up one of the users ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)