Re: [fw-wiz] Hopefully not too OT

From: Barney Wolff (
Date: 05/03/05

    To: "Marcus J. Ranum" <>
    Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 21:00:38 -0400

    On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 06:10:41PM -0400, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
    > What disturbs me most is that whenever you say the words
    > "trusted computing" in some environments, people's minds
    > shut down and they start saying "NO! We don't want to go
    > there!" -- the same people who, seconds before, were
    > listing the requirements for their next-generation computer
    > systems and were basically saying they needed trusted
    > computing platforms.

    It all depends on whose requirements are being met. I'm happy about
    trusted computing if my own requirements are met. Much less happy
    if it's somebody else's, who did not pay for my computer.

    Barney Wolff
    I never met a computer I didn't like.
    firewall-wizards mailing list

    • Re: eBayer pays £470 for photo of Xbox 360
      ... >> I'm not saying that it wasn't a con. ... ones) attention to the details of a listing. ... the bad points of my items BIGGER than the good bits. ... Perhaps if they'd read dodgy Xbox box listings, bid and won and been ...
    • Re: amarok problem with xine
      ... from the player or supporting websites," and listing address, ... without actually saying anything about any particular ones, avoids the ... Rex Dieter: ...
    • Re: Pro-bowl appointments are meaningless
      ... NFL Announcers that use "pro-bowl" visits when listing off a player's ... stats need to stop doing so, or at least qualify it by saying they ...
    • Re: Spam (again)
      ... I remember Champ saying ... bothered breaking it!! ... Sold off ebay to some mysterious ... as said in the listing. ...
    • Re: Zoidberg says it is OK to rip people off on ebay by selling empty boxes
      ... You really don't have to explain anything mate, fracker don't really mean what they are saying, its just another s**t-stirring attempt, showing them as the ridiculous pathetic pair they are. ... Your listing couldn't have been clearer., ) It's rather sad that all they have to do is sit furtively seeking out people's listings just to try and score points - in which they failed miserably BTW ...