Re: [fw-wiz] Biometrics

From: Paul D. Robertson (paul_at_compuwar.net)
Date: 04/14/05

    To: "Foley, Denys" <Denys.Foley@xerox.com>
    Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:07:20 -0400 (EDT)

    On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Foley, Denys wrote:

    > The newer better-fingerprint readers also make sure that the finger is
    > alive and warm - still attached to its original host. Check the specs
    > !!!!

    1. That doesn't matter if the attacker thinks they can get around it, the
    cost to the attacker is relatively low, the cost to the defender
    relatively high.

    2. Small source of heat (i.e. aquarium heater,) mini-headphones and a
    playback device. Low cost to the attacker.

    Paul

    • Re: OT: California and sea level rise
      ... Paul J Gans wrote: ... Think of what it would cost to move New Orleans? ... more or less lumped in with the moderate left wing of the party. ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: OT: California and sea level rise
      ... Paul J Gans wrote: ... Think of what it would cost to move New Orleans? ... more or less lumped in with the moderate left wing of the party. ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: Dragon Rocket Fizzles! 1960 all over again~
      ... On 26/05/2012 21:57, Paul F Austin wrote: ... and in a legal area where cases can cost the losers millions. ... The US lawyers like the fees, British ... discouraging the "SLAPP" type lawsuits. ...
      (sci.military.naval)
    • Re: Buyer says not received, UPS signed
      ... About 12-15/1 works fine for us, but we have a relatively low overhead, using no pictures, no subtitles, no insurance, minimal D/C's, about 70% sell-through rate, mostly media mail rates for reduced postage cost, use of fairly low cost packaging materials with a lot of very low cost, 9 x 12 envelopes, etc. ... Bottom line is that a 30/1 sale ratio is NO guarantee of making a profit. ...
      (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] Biometrics
      ... Yeah the solution has to be high cost to the *prospective* attacker--and it has to be well-known so that the attacker won't even bother to try cutting off different fingers to see which one might work. ... Is the stolen car sold with the finger attached to the key ring? ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)