Re: [fw-wiz] Site-to-Site VPN Gateway behind NAT device

From: Rob Hughes (
Date: 03/27/05

    Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:55:31 -0600

    On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 22:33 -0800, Nick Brandson wrote:
    > Dear guru,
    > Does anyone try build site-to-site VPN with one
    > gateway behind a NAT device (like a router or a load
    > balancer)?
    > Both gateways are using NGAI R55 on SecurePlatform.

    The only way to do this with CP is when a single manager controls all
    the VPNs and nat'ing. Since you can't disable AH, that'll cause the VPN
    to barf when you NAT one of the end points.

    firewall-wizards mailing list

    • Re: Routing behind NAT server
      ... I have set RIP on both modem and win2k server. ... I suspect that RIP isn't really working on the NAT Device, ... single static route on the NAT Device that specifies that the route to ... as their Default Gateway. ...
    • RE: Alternative to VPN
      ... Congrats on looking for alternatives to VPNs. ... Personally I highly recommend methods that use a ... and the webserver can further be protected by firewalls like ISA. ... which are also based on an Application Gateway include OWA Public Folders. ...
    • Re: Hardware firewall needed?
      ... "Philip Herlihy" wrote in message ... > installed which I'd recently figured out was really a NAT device, ... > still pretty foggy about what risks remain. ... gateway, aren't going to be able to set up a VNC connection without ...
    • Re: Checkpoint NG AI VPN nated
      ... My system does not have public IP on VPN gateway and I ... As I said you would need to configure a Static NAT to the gateway. ... address as the NAT device IYSWIM. ...
    • Re: [opensuse] [hope not OT] asking for office network optimize suggestions
      ... I think you can solve this just by adding explict routes and gateways. ... It's probably also possible to use VPNs but I have no experience with them. ... traffic for A or B must be sent via gateway bossdog, ... traffic for C must be sent via gateway bossdog and tell bossdog that all ...