Re: [fw-wiz] MJR on Linux/OSS

From: R. DuFresne (
Date: 03/10/05

    To: Devdas Bhagat <>
    Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:28:15 -0500 (EST)

    On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Devdas Bhagat wrote:

        I installed Linux on one of my systems the other day, so I could use
        it as a teaching vehicle for my class on system log analysis. But
        first I had to Email a bunch of my friends and ask them, "what version
        of Linux should I use? Red Hat? Debian? Gentoo? Mandrake? Slackware?
        Do you think I could get away with OpenBSD or FreeBSD?" The responses
        I got indicated that none of my friends use the same thing but that I
        could be sure that if I used Flavor X some adherent of Flavor Y was
        going to bust my chops about it, and that someone was sure to show up
        with flavor Z and have trouble making things work.

    So, marcus, which dist did you end up with? <smirk>

    Ron DuFresne
    - --
             admin & senior security consultant:

    ...Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to rules.
    The most any of us can do is sign on as it's accomplice. Instead
    of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet.
    That would mean that security is out of the question. The words
    "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no
    strings attached. I love you for free...
                             -Tom Robins <Still Life With Woodpecker>
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
    firewall-wizards mailing list