Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco acls

From: Luca Berra (bluca_at_comedia.it)
Date: 03/06/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 12:00:41 +0100

    On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 03:06:59PM -0500, Paul Melson wrote:
    >Eric,
    >
    >As long as you don't leave configure mode, it is my understanding that the
    >change is not acted upon by the router. So, copying a router's access-list
    this is plainly _false_ as anyone carelessly trying to change an ip
    address of a connected interface has discovered :)

    L.

    --
    Luca Berra -- bluca@comedia.it
            Communication Media & Services S.r.l.

    • Re: Castle What?
      ... active, Antivirus, Malware monitor, and it connects through a Nat enabled ... Router. ... I hope you have a good understanding of the ways that Trojans and ...
      (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
    • Re: RIAA says downloading to your computer a violation of copyright
      ... someone who is copying the CD for their personal use, but not sharing ... then my understanding is that this probably holds no ... they went after the universities who are not montioring their networks ...
      (rec.music.classical.recordings)
    • Re: FTP to Linux?
      ... for being slow to grasp Linux fundamentals. ... router I would seriously consider disabling ftpd as soon as you can. ... copying text selections from web pages across to my RPC. ... David - toro-danyo atcost uku fullstop co fullstop uk ...
      (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
    • Re: FTP to Linux?
      ... for being slow to grasp Linux fundamentals. ... router I would seriously consider disabling ftpd as soon as you can. ... Thanks for the warning but I really need to do the odd file transfer ... copying text selections from web pages across to my RPC. ...
      (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
    • Re: RWW interal not external
      ... But if I'm understanding you correctly only the address I specified will ... >> is there a good way to verify that ports are being forwarded to the ... >> through the router just fine for SMTP, I can verify that with telnet from ... >> I've seen serveral posts on this issue, but it seems folks rarely post ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)