Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco acls

From: Luca Berra (bluca_at_comedia.it)
Date: 03/06/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 11:59:13 +0100

    On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 12:01:01PM -0800, Steve Saeedi wrote:
    >If you have a tftp server handy you can tftp the modified ACLs section
    >of your router in a file with the first line reading, "no access-list
    >177". It's a lot faster than paste. I haven't tried scp.

    this is especially useful since when loading a piece of config via TFTP,
    it is first loaded, then applied (nearly atomically), while entering it
    line-by-line would apply each line when entered.

    another possibility for editing access-lists is the use of the
    "ip access-list extended <number-or-name>", which should be supported on
    every non-obsolete version of IOS.
    L.

    --
    Luca Berra -- bluca@comedia.it