Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco acls

From: Steve Saeedi (
Date: 03/01/05

    To: "Eric Appelboom" <>
    Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:01:01 -0800

    If you have a tftp server handy you can tftp the modified ACLs section
    of your router in a file with the first line reading, "no access-list
    177". It's a lot faster than paste. I haven't tried scp.

    The other alternative is you're dual-homed, shutdown the externally
    facing interface, then apply the updated acls.

    To answer your question, yes, manually pasting will leave your router
    vulnerable for that short period of time.

    - Steve