Re: [fw-wiz] Username password VS hardware token plus PIN

From: Frank Knobbe (frank_at_knobbe.us)
Date: 02/23/05

    To: ark@eltex.net
    Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:13:21 -0600

    On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 01:38 +0300, ArkanoiD wrote:
    > Aren't you afraid of BT-transmitted worm with keylogger feature? ;-))

    Nope. Being security conscious, BlueTooth is disabled. (Actually, Nokia
    did a good job keeping BT and IrDA disabled by default until you need
    it.) Also, a port scan when connected to Wifi didn't show any surface
    to scratch on. That leaves attacks via email and MM-SMS messages.

    A greater risk are those shoulder surfers ;)

    Cheers,
    Frank

    • Re: E815 as a modem for a Bluetooth Palmpilot
      ... with my BT Nokia N800 Linux tablet. ... The defect was in the ... Bluetooth. ... the phone is 25% of the runtime on the Nokia N800 under Maemo Linux ...
      (alt.cellular.verizon)
    • Re: 3G and 6630 advice wanted
      ... but also for occasional web browsing and SSH sessions. ... Nokia 6820 which has one of the slowest Java ... They also comment that Bluetooth isn't as good as the V800's, ... unlock and are thus doorstops, and wish to avoid this in future. ...
      (uk.telecom.mobile)
    • Problem with connecting Nokia phone as Portable Device (WinXP SP2
      ... Portable Device: ... So after the connection is established for the first time (via Bluetooth) ... - PC Suite connects to the phone properly, ... I can browse folders in the phone by using Nokia Phone Browser, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
    • Re: What is a good Psion replacement?
      ... I've been using my Psion S5 since 1997, and in the meantime I upgraded ... cell phone and bluetooth headset, a personal cell phone, a digital ... I tried the Nokia and Vodafone flagships, but they both lack a useful ...
      (comp.sys.psion.misc)
    • Verizon Branded Nokia 6256i Full BlueTooth + Mac X!
      ... I got a Nokia 6256i flip phone. ... Bluetooth to up and download pictures wallpaper MP3's. ... a larger Muli-Media card however. ... The phone has analog and there are aftermarket external antenna ...
      (alt.cellular.verizon)