Re: [fw-wiz] Application-level Attacks

From: Frederick M Avolio (fred_at_avolio.com)
Date: 01/29/05

    To: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr@ranum.com>, Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:02:25 -0500

    This whole thread is fascinating. Yesterday I was in .... ummm, a legal
    preceding ... as an expert of sorts and was shown an old presentation with
    my name on it (c. 1993) I recognized as from when I was at Trusted
    Information Systems. Usual stuff -- slides I wrote, slides Marcus wrote.
    The title was "An Introduction to Firewalls." Choice stuff. Anyway, in the
    middle was a slide in which I referred to "Application level" proxies. The
    gist of my testimon.... umm, explanation on that particular slide was,
    "yes, I probably miss-wrote, that "layer" was more accurate in what I was
    talking about, it -- practically speaking -- did not matter, and would have
    been understood." I was sort of saying, "Who cares?" or "What does it matter?"

    I just checked my system clock. It says "Saturday, January 29. 2005." That
    date check out with you all?

    • Re: [fw-wiz] Application-level Attacks
      ... as an expert of sorts and was shown an old presentation with ... Usual stuff -- slides I wrote, ... Are you saying something like 'People who don't study the past will ... I think we need a better term than application layer attacks (as this ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: PowerPoint Cant Read
      ... I have tried the latest service packs. ... NO matter how I open wether it is by ... I can't insert slides it gives ...
      (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
    • Why will powerpoint not open files?
      ... I have tried the latest service packs. ... NO matter how I open wether it is by ... I can't insert slides it gives ...
      (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
    • Odd problem withe using indent on slides created in PowerPoint 2008
      ... I am a systems analyst and troubleshoot problems all the time, ... It doesn't matter whether slides were added to an existing 2004 ... It also doesn't matter whether compatability mode is turned on whn ... saving the Powerpoint file in 2008. ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint)
    • Re: Page Setup
      ... PowerPoint will make your portrait slides fill the ... the slide orientation really doesn't much matter. ... > Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP ...
      (microsoft.public.powerpoint)