Re: [fw-wiz] Application-level Attacks

From: Devdas Bhagat (devdas_at_dvb.homelinux.org)
Date: 01/28/05

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:24:12 +0530

    On 27/01/05 18:56 -0800, Crispin Cowan wrote:
    > Shimon Silberschlag wrote:
    >
    > > Today, when attacks are shifting towards using the already open ports
    > > on the firewall, at the application level,
    >
    > It is often said that contemporary attacks are migrating to
    > application-level attacks. Can someone point me to data backing this claim?

    Or the reverse, data showing that older attacks were not application
    layer attacks (packet flooding and the rare ping of death attact excepted).

    Devdas Bhagat

    • Re: [fw-wiz] Application-level Attacks
      ... when attacks are shifting towards using the already open ports ... |>on the firewall, at the application level, ... Can someone point me to data backing this claim? ... I think the rise of SQL injection (and other forms of injection ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] Application-level Attacks
      ... when attacks are shifting towards using the already ... more for data to justify the word "shifting" rather than the fact that these ... of non-stupid organisations they will be pounding on closed firewall ports. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Application-level Attacks
      ... when attacks are shifting towards using the already open ports ... >> on the firewall, at the application level, ... admin & senior security consultant: ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)