Re: [fw-wiz] SGS5400 transparent installation with PIX

firewall-wizards_at_honor.icsalabs.com
Date: 01/26/05

    To: "Muhammad Waseem" <mwaseem@roottech.com.pk>
    Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:49:10 -0500

    >Muhammad Waseem wrote:
    >Objective:
    >We want to pass all these PUBLIC ips with original ports transparently throught the SGS.
    >Can SGS route all these networks transparently both-ways using Address Transform or routing or >some other method?

    Yes, Address Transforms are what you need to configure. Create them in [Location Settings-Advanced-Address Transforms], Just create the appropriate transforms with the necessary interfaces and then select "Use Original Source Address".

    >Muhammad Waseem wrote:
    >How to use Forwarding Filter for this objective?
    Do not use forwarding filter, that turns your $20,000 firewall into a $2000 router.

    Mark

    Mark F.
    MCP, CCNA
    "You can spend your life any way you want... But you can only spend it once."