Re: [fw-wiz] Re: External Load Balancing

From: Antonio Varni (antonio.varni_at_gmail.com)
Date: 01/12/05

    To: Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>
    Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:09:21 -0800

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:17:38 -0800 (PST), Roger Marquis
    <marquis@roble.com> wrote:
    > > Sweet Jeebus!- don't go with F5! Their performance numbers are nowhere =
    > > near what they claim to be (in my experience). Just waaaay too many =
    > > exceptions to the rule.
    >
    > Big/ip is really a different animal, designed for DNS-based load
    > balancing across physically remote networks.

    Ummm, I think you're referring to their 3DNS product.
    I hear that the smart folks over at UltraDNS also provide an automated
    DNS based failover solution as well. About 3 years ago I set up a
    active/active LVS based load balancing solution for a company. I hear
    that it's been up for 3 years handling tons of traffic with no
    problems. Throw in a little scripting for dynamic weighting -- and
    you've got a pretty flexible load balancer.