Re: [fw-wiz] External Load Balancing

From: Mark Teicher (mht3_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 01/11/05

    To: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr@ranum.com>
    Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:26:05 -0700

    A majority of vendors who build appliances build it for one reason. They
    do not have to hire a bunch of highly skilled technical people for customer
    support. Provide a nice color glossy diagram with lots of circle and
    arrows, and the customer(s) are enjoying their appliance purchase, not
    unlike the early days of firewalls, where most companies stated: "Oh yeah
    our stuff works on that variant of Unix or Windows" But in reality, one
    needed a Phd to configure the underlying O/S just the right way before the
    firewall application could be installed, all this with technical support on
    the phone or on site.

    /mht