Re: [fw-wiz] External Load Balancing

From: Leonardo Valcamonici (l.valcamonici_at_caspur.it)
Date: 01/06/05

    To: Richard St John <Richard.StJohn@gbe.com>
    Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:51:19 +0100

    Hi,
    we have a brand new F5 BigIP 3400 and it works like a charm. We'd tested
    against a Radware WSD AS2 before choosing F5. We liked very much overall
    performance and how to administer it: it's a linux based machine you can
    configure both via a web gui and ssh. Customer support is also great.
    Cheers,
    Leonardo

    Richard St John wrote:
    > Good morning list,
    >
    > We are currently running in an outbound load balanced setup. A packet
    > from inside has a one in four chance of hitting a specific firewall.
    >
    > We are beginning to look at load balancing the external side of our
    > network so that a packet from the outside has a one in four chance of
    > hitting a specific firewall.
    >
    > A quick search of the internet turned up:
    >
    > Resonate Central Dispatch
    > Radware Web Server Director
    > Alteon ACE director 2
    > F5 Big/ip
    > Coyote Point Equalizer E250
    > Holon Tech Hyper Flow 2
    > IBM WebSphere Perf. Pack
    > Hydra Web Hydra
    > Ipivot Intelligent Broker 4000
    >
    > Anyone have comments about these?
    >
    > Richard St. John
    > Graybar Electric Company

    | Leonardo Valcamonici                                                 |
    | CASPUR                                                               |
    | Italian Interuniversities Consortium for Supercomputing Applications |
    | Via dei Tizii, 6b - 00185 Rome (Italy)                               |