Re: [fw-wiz] Re: How to Save The World (was: Antivirus vendor conspiracy theories)

From: Marcus J. Ranum (mjr_at_ranum.com)
Date: 12/16/04

    To: Devdas Bhagat <devdas@dvb.homelinux.org>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:10:05 -0500

    Devdas Bhagat wrote:
    >Business requirements do not usually change so fast to as
    >to warrant continuous changes in code.

    The only businesses that _require_ a constant churn of the codebase
    are the businesses that sell the software. :) The whole business
    model of the software industry is backwards; it is being driven by
    the wrong parties. It's due for a correction but I haven't (yet) seen the
    break-out business concept that can trigger it.

    mjr.