Re: Archives (was Re: [fw-wiz] Re: Book of rants)

From: Paul D. Robertson (paul_at_compuwar.net)
Date: 12/13/04

    To: Jason Lewis <jlewis@packetnexus.com>
    Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:01:52 -0500 (EST)

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Jason Lewis wrote:

    > I decided to grab the archives and see if there was an easy way to get
    > the top FAQs. This is not scientific and my methods are probably
    > questionable.

    Note that the gzipped files aren't complete, but the Web archives are- I
    never got the time to try to figure out a good fix when we moved the list
    from NFR, and since the Web section was complete, I figured it wasn't all
    that important (so you'd probably actually have to crawl the archives to
    get a complete set.)

    > I took the archives, stripped out the subject lines, tried to normalize
    > replies to the same thread and counted matches. I just printed the
    > ranked list. The results may not even be right....YMMV.
    >
    > http://www.packetnexus.com/topsubjects
    >
    > You might wonder why I did this. I don't know either. I might need a
    > new hobby.

    Hmmmm, there are possibilities here...

    Paul

    • Re: Agressive dog
      ... The last references have all the acronyms, but some are missing (ACD, ... It looks like the FAQs could use some updating. ... Paul, Muttley and Lucky ...
      (rec.pets.dogs.behavior)
    • Re: [SLE] /usr almost full
      ... Paul W. Abrahams wrote: ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] SuSE Help failure [SOLVED]
      ... On Monday 14 November 2005 11:18 pm, Paul W. Abrahams wrote: ... > So apparently Susehelp is screwing up the path, but I have no idea where the ... Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] 2 people using pc at sametime
      ... >> using linux and it is not that expensive ... >> PAul ... > Not clear that is really available anywhere except south africa. ... Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)