Re: [fw-wiz] Iptables /Router

From: Paul D. Robertson (
Date: 12/12/04

    To: Marek Pawinski <>
    Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:47:30 -0500 (EST)

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Marek Pawinski wrote:

    > Hi
    > I previously had a network with one Mandrake box A as a internet gateway
    > (ISDN) using internet connection sharing to some desktops B.
    > I now have a ADSL modem/router connected to the Mandrake box A and the
    > router does the NAT and packet filtering.
    > I now notice that the internet connection seems to bypass box A and does
    > not go through shorewall at all.
    > shows that my IP is that of the router been scanned.
    > So my question is how can i set this up so shorewall on box A as well as
    > the router protect the network ?

    Plug the firewall into the router on one interface and the internal
    network on another, renumber appropriately and add the approrpriate routes
    and proxy arp if necessary (or just PAT/NAT again.)

    Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
    firewall-wizards mailing list