Re: [fw-wiz] Lists of IP's we should be blocking

From: Paul D. Robertson (paul_at_compuwar.net)
Date: 12/12/04

    To: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
    Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:32:50 -0500 (EST)

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Adam Shostack wrote:

    > If you're a bank, and your answer is yes, you want me calling with my
    > spyware concerns, please let me know which bank. I'll have everyone I
    > know open up a $100 savings account with you so that people stop
    > calling me with their spyware problems.

    Have them call me, I could use the money ;)

    > The belief that a list of 'bad identities' will help security is
    > suprisingly persistant. We see it distorting air travel safety.
    > (Just ask Congressmen Ted Kennedy or John Lewis, or any David Nelson
    > you meet, or Johnnie Thomas, or...) Let's not let it distort internet
    > security as well.

    I've been playing a little with a contact Web site[1][2] that "introduces"
    folks by degrees of separation- I'm wondering if we could whitelist 90%
    of the Internet that way with some relatively simple mail parsing programs
    and a web of trust of a couple hundred people on this list?

    Paul

    • Re: Maddening IE6 problem`
      ... Paul E wrote: ... >> Help with Hijackware ... CWShredder (fix all found) ... >> What You Should Know About Spyware ...
    • Re: W Tools A
      ... >Then whack the Wintools folder and run HT in Safe Mode to ... >Then install SB to prevent future problems. ... >it via Spyware Blaster it can not be installed again. ... >Paul wrote: ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: start up messages
      ... Paul, see this link for info on the spyware you have on your system. ... Removal instructions are included there. ... > Error loading C:\WINDOWS\bsx5.dll ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: W Tools A
      ... Paul wrote: ... >> Then whack the Wintools folder and run HT in Safe Mode to ... >> Then install SB to prevent future problems. ... >> it via Spyware Blaster it can not be installed again. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Trojans and spyware
      ... I have had the IST toolbar infect my explorer ... >than suggesting the name of spyware removers. ... >Paul James ...