[fw-wiz] Lists of IP's we should be blocking

From: Bruce Smith (bruce_the_loon_at_worldonline.co.za)
Date: 12/08/04

    To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:20:57 +0200

    Hi all

    Is there a list of dangerous, evil IP's that should be blocked or at least
    watched closely at the borders of the Internet? Address like virus targets,
    root-kit sources and so forth.

    And what is the group's opinion on the idea of a general purpose dark IP
    list?

    Regards

    Bruce Smith
    Firewall Administrator
    Port Elizabeth Technikon

    • The Security Flag in the IPv4 Header
      ... This memo provides information for the Internet community. ... often have difficulty distinguishing between packets that have ... we define a security flag, known as the "evil" bit, in the IPv4 ... are used for an attack will have the bit set to 1. ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: The rally...
      ... SNIP ... Since you object to the word "evil" so vehemently I've given it some serious thought. ... Even though I agreed with you above as to this subtext? ... Of course the haredi rabbis have always distrusted the Internet (when ...
      (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
    • [Full-Disclosure] FW: Nmap compliance with new RFC 3514
      ... Security expert Steven Bellovin just released RFC 3514 which details ... the evil bit MUST NOT be set. ... This memo provides information for the Internet community. ... often have difficulty distinguishing between packets that have ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Free expression must go with better communications, says Reporters Without Borders as blogs prove ha
      ... Free expression must go with better communications, says Reporters Without Borders as blogs prove hard to access ... "It is hard to believe that after ten days desdecuba.com is simply having technical problems, even if there is a real problem getting an Internet connection from Cuba. ... This situation is in contradiction to recent steps taken by the authorities to ease access for Cubans to communications, especially the Internet," the worldwide press freedom organisation said. ...
      (soc.culture.cuba)
    • Re: Interesting article on Borders failure
      ... Just another dumb-ass who claims that store selection at ... Borders was too good, ... very nature the internet was better at quickly and efficiently ... in the online inventory and it said "online sales only", ...
      (rec.music.classical.recordings)