[fw-wiz] Routing VPN Tunnel from PIX

From: Josh Welch (jwelch_at_buffalowildwings.com)
Date: 12/06/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:19:19 -0600

    I'm not sure if I am looking for something so simple that I'm
    overlooking it or something so complex it doesn't exist.

    I've got a router facing the internet, a pix 515 and an internal router.
    The default route for the pix is the internet facing router.
    I have VPN tunnels terminating on the pix and would like the default
    route for traffic coming through those tunnels to be the internal
    router. I have a couple of statics set up right now to make a couple
    things work, but continuing with that strategy appears to be a good
    recipe for a kludge.

    If anyone has solutions, suggestions or pointers I'd appreciate it.

    Thanks,
    Josh

    • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
      ... The SBS DNS server, running on ... its IP it means that your problem is now DNS. ... forward ports to it reliably in the router. ... I should have been more clear about internet connection.. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
      ... Both NICs should point to his internal IP for DNS. ... forward ports to it reliably in the router. ... I should have been more clear about internet connection.. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
      ... First Page of the Internet Connection Wizard, ... Next I Select a local router device with an ip address. ... You should give your SBS a fixed external address so you can forward ports ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Cannot simultaneously share DSL connection
      ... In order to be able to use Internet with both computers at the same time the ... Router has to be the authentication device. ... The Linksys Router provides on the CD an extended manual that would explain ... happens when we try to share the internet connection. ...
    • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
      ... Both NICs should point to his internal IP for DNS. ... You should give your SBS a fixed external address so you can forward ports to it reliably in the router. ... I should have been more clear about internet connection.. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)