Re: [fw-wiz] smtp proxy on firewall

From: Luca Berra (bluca_at_comedia.it)
Date: 12/02/04

    Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:53:20 +0100

    On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 01:46:49PM -0500, Christopher Hicks wrote:
    >We've just started switching some of our MX's over to postfix and I must
    >Use MailScanner!** Use three virus checkers (f-prot is cheap and clamav is

    i would advise you don't use mailscanner with postfix,
    search the archives of postfix-users mailing list for a complete
    explanation of the problem, which is probably off-topic here.

    Regards,
    L.

    --
    Luca Berra -- bluca@comedia.it
            Communication Media & Services S.r.l.

    • Re: Switch MTA -> Postfix
      ... > mail reports to root after switching from sendmail to postfix? ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] smtp proxy on firewall
      ... Christopher Hicks wrote: ... > We've just started switching some of our MX's over to postfix and I must ... Does MailScanner still operate by moving stuff around in Postfix' ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: Migrating from Exchange 2000 to a Linux solution
      ... > replace Windows desktops, which could lower licencing costs, improve ... For some reason Cutter insist on using Mailscanner instead of amavisd-new. ... Mailscanner insists on using undocumented interfaces to postfix and is not ... have caused message truncation and even complete loss of messages. ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] smtp proxy on firewall
      ... We've just started switching some of our MX's over to postfix and I must ... MailScanner keep it all straight. ... Perl and Perl is a wonderful language. ... I'm part of a consulting firm and we ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: postfix with policyd-weight
      ... I have friends and clients who use it with Postfix with great success ... the reason is that mailscanner accesses queue files directly. ... it uses a non public interface. ... need to wait for mailscanner upgrade. ...
      (Debian-User)