[fw-wiz] Black Hat CFPs now open: Europe and Asia

From: Jeff Moss (jmoss_at_blackhat.com)
Date: 11/30/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:25:24 -0800

    Hello Firewall Wizards readers,

    I wanted to announce the latest Call for Papers for upcoming Black Hat
    Briefings.

    BLACK HAT BRIEFINGS CALL FOR PAPERS EUROPE AND ASIA

    The Black Hat Briefings was created to fill the need for computer security
    professionals to better understand
    the security risks to information infrastructures and computer systems.

    What makes Black Hat Briefings different? The speakers. We select the
    speakers that are doing unique
    research, writing the security tools, or finding the bugs. No vendor
    pitches. Just straight talk from people
    who are experts in their chosen field of study. This year our Europe and
    Asia shows will be held back-to-back,
    potential presenters are invited to submit CFP's to both shows.

    If you have original research, new tools, or a fresh perspective on an old
    problem, we encourage you to
    submit a presentation. By presenting at the Black Hat Briefings you have
    the opportunity to both influence
    your peers and to contribute to the advancement of the state of the
    art. We are striving to create a high-end
    technical conference and any talk that helps reach this goal will be given
    extra attention.

    Topics of discussion will include zero day attacks and defenses, deep
    knowledge, policy, management, and
    the law. If you have a speech idea you believe is of Black Hat caliber, do
    not hesitate to submit it, even if it
    does not appear to match an existing track.

    If you have never been to a Black Hat event, please check out our past
    presentations on-line to get a feel for
    what we are looking for:
    http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-multimedia-archives-index.html

    Please do not wait to submit. Presentations are selected and evaluated in
    the order received. Full and
    detailed explanations are available at:
    http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-europe-05/bh-eu-asia-05-cfp.html

    Important Dates
    January 15th 2005: Call for Papers closes for Black Hat Europe and Asia
    2005. Please submit now
    TBD: Early Bird Discount Rate for registration closes
    February 15th 2005: Black Hat USA Call for Papers opens
    February 16th 2005: Conference & Group discount rates at the Grand Hotel
    Krasnapolsky, Amsterdam closes
    March 29-20th 2005: Black Hat Europe 2005 Training
    March 31st to April 1st 2005: Black Hat Europe 2005 Briefings
    April 5-6th 2005: Black Hat Asia 2005 Training
    April 7-8th 2005: Black Hat Asia 2005 Briefings
    July 24-27th 2005: Black Hat Trainings, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas Nevada, USA
    July 28-29th 2005: Black Hat Briefings, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas Nevada, USA