Re: [fw-wiz] smtp proxy on firewall

From: Marcus J. Ranum (mjr_at_ranum.com)
Date: 11/27/04

    To: Kilaru Sambaiah <sambaiah@antares.co.in>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:17:17 -0500

    > Are there any tiny smtp proxies are available, instead of send/
    > recieve by big sendmail server exposing?

    Qmail and Postfix are probably the leading bets for a "full featured MTA"
    that has been designed with security in mind.

    FWTK, as you say, is a bit old. Worse it relies on a backend MTA for
    delivery. The design is not as good as Postfix'

    mjr.

    • Re: Ray Martinez
      ... process exists (natural selection, ... Mind or Intelligence, be mindless. ... This is how idiotic evolution is: ... mechanisms that produce the appearance of design. ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: Ray Martinez
      ... the properties of Mind and His power to said antonym: ... Of course evolution admits that ... IF design does not imply designer or Designer then by the same ... ASSERTS the patterns resultant of evolution and not special creation. ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: Ray Martinez
      ... can't produce a mind. ... it's a conclusion drawn from the evidence. ... observation of design. ... evolution does not "presuppose" that. ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: DESIGN is discernible in nature.
      ... Since human design also ... not often recognize that what they do is evolution of their skills, ... those involved bigger mutations. ... It feels that people here say "design" when they mean creative mind ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: No More Discussion: JUST BELEIVE IT.
      ... have the internet and an open mind though. ... Intelligent Design seems to ... I don't doubt you have internet and a mind, but sadly one or the other ... They reek of design. ...
      (talk.origins)