Re: [fw-wiz] smtp proxy on firewall

From: Paul D. Robertson (paul_at_compuwar.net)
Date: 11/27/04

    To: Kilaru Sambaiah <sambaiah@antares.co.in>
    Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 08:44:28 -0500 (EST)

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Kilaru Sambaiah wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > Are there any tiny smtp proxies are available, instead of send/
    > recieve by big sendmail server exposing?

    Personally, I use Postfix as a gateway MTA, the configurability of
    a full-strength MTA seems to me to be necessary these days and
    Postfix is my primary choice, qmail would be my second choice; however,

    > TIS fwtk seems to be one choice, but it is old and outdated.

    You get the source, should there be a new SMTP feature you'd like the code
    to support. If you're not in a high volume environment, don't need to do
    gateway rejection for anti-spam, and don't need TLS, it should work just
    fine.

    Paul