[fw-wiz] Load Balancing

From: Nathaniel Hall (halln_at_otc.edu)
Date: 11/16/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:21:34 -0600

    I am working on creating a firewall to do load balancing between two or
    more LDAP servers. I am using Fedora Core 2 as my firewall with two
    physical NICs. I have tried several different combinations of rules,
    but I cannot get it to work correctly. Here is what is going wrong:

    LDAP request goes to 172.16.0.63
    Request is routed to interface on same network and destination address
    is correctly changed to a random system to be load balanced.
    Once there is an answer for LDAP, the answer goes directly to the
    requesting machine, not the firewall that routed it.

    I know this is a very easy problem to fix, but I apparently am losing my
    mind and cannot think.

    --
    Nathaniel Hall, GSEC
    Intrusion Detection and Firewall Technician

    • Re: [fw-wiz] Load Balancing
      ... > Request is routed to interface on same network and destination address is ... > Once there is an answer for LDAP, the answer goes directly to the requesting ... not the firewall that routed it. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: LDAP + Proxy + Browser
      ... how should I setup the firewall to use it? ... configure squid proxy authentication with LDAP. ... Assume I make the required accounts only in LDAP database and do ... the valid username/password combination (one that exists in LDAP ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • RE: Mail scanner
      ... If you have a Symantec Enterprise subscription, ... and you have your mail firewall. ... integrates with LDAP, and seems to be a pretty rugged product. ... to about 25% of what we had been receiving. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: suggestions on a good firewall
      ... I Know that active directory is ldap. ... But having a firewall product ... a firewall and not implement into a domain structure and if you want to ... don't Then you are running a Microsoft product ontop of a Microsoft ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Load Balancing
      ... I am working on creating a firewall to do load balancing between two or ... I am using Fedora Core 2 as my firewall with two ... LDAP request goes to 172.16.0.63/24 on eth1 ... Request is routed to interface on same network and destination ...
      (RedHat)