[fw-wiz] Load Balancing

From: Nathaniel Hall (halln_at_otc.edu)
Date: 11/16/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:21:34 -0600

    I am working on creating a firewall to do load balancing between two or
    more LDAP servers. I am using Fedora Core 2 as my firewall with two
    physical NICs. I have tried several different combinations of rules,
    but I cannot get it to work correctly. Here is what is going wrong:

    LDAP request goes to 172.16.0.63
    Request is routed to interface on same network and destination address
    is correctly changed to a random system to be load balanced.
    Once there is an answer for LDAP, the answer goes directly to the
    requesting machine, not the firewall that routed it.

    I know this is a very easy problem to fix, but I apparently am losing my
    mind and cannot think.

    --
    Nathaniel Hall, GSEC
    Intrusion Detection and Firewall Technician