Re: [fw-wiz] Re: Ethics, morality and the industry

From: ArkanoiD (ark_at_eltex.net)
Date: 11/10/04

    To: Mike Smith <jmikesmith@yahoo.com>
    Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:41:02 +0300

    I *WAS* a "bad guy" for a long time. But they did never catch me, so my
    criminal record is clean ;-)

    I'd even say "bad" and "good" are just players in the game. And it would be
    unwise to blame black hats for lack of ethics: some of them follow their ethics,
    some do not. Just like white hats.

    There is only one problem with hiring ex-hackers as security professionals:
    most of them have no clue in creating reasonable treat models, must of them are
    just good in finding *vulnerabilities* and fixing those, but creating secure design
    may be beyond their abilities.