Re: [fw-wiz] Re: Ethics, morality and the industry

From: Christopher Hicks (chicks_at_chicks.net)
Date: 11/02/04

    Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:21:08 -0500 (EST)

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Adam Shostack wrote:
    > On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 08:32:16PM -0800, Stephen P. Berry wrote:
    > | >My self-deception is that a refresher is always good, especially as I
    > | >find us practitioners sometimes fall into patterns of thinking.
    > |
    > | A quick grep through this thread indicates that Mitnick has been mentioned
    > | about two dozen times and Shimomura and Markoff have been mentioned exactly
    > | zero times. Discuss.
    >
    > So how many times has Abagnale been mentioned? Any correlation with
    > the pro- or anti- boycotters to correctly name the speaker in
    > question?

    Somebody should get on the stick and put up a survey. I'd love to see
    what the silent and/or moderated-out majority feel about this sort of
    thing.

    This has been one of the more stimulating and thought provoking
    discussions on any mailing list I've been on recently. Thanks to
    everybody for keeping it interesting and mostly above the belt.

    Kudos Paul (and or substitute moderators) for keeping it from getting out
    of hand.

    --
    </chris>
    There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make