Re: [fw-wiz] Ethics, morality and the industry

From: Margles (margles_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/02/04

    To: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul@compuwar.net>
    Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:01:52 -0600

    Good for them.

    I once witnessed an entire room of security executives give a standing
    ovation to Abagnale. Then checked out a website with which he was
    associated, and a book he had written, accidentally realizing in the
    process that there were significant differences in what he said
    speaking versus what I saw on the site and in the book...

    We as a society clearly elevate unethical and dishonest behaviour, not
    only in security but many other areas. Of course, this is a biased
    view, as I have been accused of being "too ethical" and "too honest" -
    but I am concerned about the effect this has on our society as a
    whole.