[fw-wiz] Re: Topical ethics link

From: Mike Smith (jmikesmith_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/29/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:23:59 -0400 (EDT)

     --- Paul D. Robertson wrote:

    > Anyway, I'm not saying that my morality is better than anyone else's
    > morality, I just think it's healthy that we- as security professionals-
    > think about and discuss these issues.

    Agreed. It's unfortunate that some have chosen to absent themselves from the
    discussion. A very good place to rebut Mr. Abagnale's remarks would be at the
    same conference.

    =====
    Mike Smith

    "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."
                            H.G. Wells - The Outline of History

    • Re: The Muslims Creed
      ... have the moral foundation placed there by theistic morality. ... Altruism, the Golden Rule, and being what the community calls ... on nature is inadequate... ... He's just an actor in a movie, often saying things without basis ...
      (rec.motorcycles)
    • Re: Morality, humanity and the 1%
      ... >>>nothing to solve the problem of the source of morality. ... If god is the ... > arbitrariness. ... >> I am not saying they are synonymous. ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: MSN Zone on Linux?
      ... >> That's what Paul has been telling you is ALLOWED. ... They cannot go against RFCs. ... xpost into a multipost "as a matter of policy" was nonsensical. ... certainly understood you to be saying that. ...
      (linux.redhat.misc)
    • Re: MSN Zone on Linux?
      ... >> That's what Paul has been telling you is ALLOWED. ... They cannot go against RFCs. ... xpost into a multipost "as a matter of policy" was nonsensical. ... certainly understood you to be saying that. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Kiss - Behind the Mask
      ... saying he didn't see himself still playing in his 50's. ... Paul is tired of the same questions from interviewers and from ... I think he is tired of being more known for the makeup and ... People like you always miss the big picture when it comes to Kiss. ...
      (rec.music.artists.kiss)