Re: [fw-wiz] Re: Ethics, morality and the industry

From: Greg Skouby (gskouby_at_sitesnow.com)
Date: 10/29/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:15:11 -0400

    > To my mind the issue is that he's still *profiting* from his crimes.
    > That doesn't do justice to the victims, nor does it send the right message
    > IMO. Crime should not pay.

    Is he profiting from his crime(s) or from his *knowledge* that allowed him to commit the crime(s)?
    I don't know how I feel about this particular issue but I think there is a fine line between
    your assertion and what the answer is to the question I pose.

    --Greg

    • Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll...
      ... If they are consenting adults, and the rest of society does not have to pay for their actions, most people would vote for that. ... The government borrowing, is taking most of the spare capitol that would go to finance any job growth. ... More probation with better probation checks. ... You screw up and commit another crime while on probation you get hard labor. ...
      (rec.boats)
    • Re: Bachmann wins Iowa straw poll...
      ... not have to pay for their actions, most people would vote for that. ... The government borrowing, is taking ... Non-violent crime does not need to go to jail for 3-10 years. ... More probation with better probation checks. ...
      (rec.boats)
    • Re: Building a basic toolkit
      ... I have baught the occasional Snap-On, ... >> Compare their combination spanner prices with the Chrome ... which IMO are equally as good. ... It usually means you have pay ...
      (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
    • Re: Seriously Off Topic -- A warning to all cat drowners
      ... Or more likely steal stuff or deal illegal drugs to pay the fine. ... the crime. ... Firstly I did not say that the punishment has no effect on behaviour. ... Violence breeds violence. ...
      (uk.tech.digital-tv)
    • Re: OT: Katrina -- Whom To Blame
      ... dealing with crime is always more expensive ... I stole money for food from the rich kids at school. ... > Crime does not pay and enforcing the Law does not have to cost a ...
      (alt.smokers.cigars)