Re: [fw-wiz] TCP DoS attack

From: Devdas Bhagat (devdas_at_dvb.homelinux.org)
Date: 10/27/04

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:15:50 +0530

    On 27/10/04 16:18 +0200, gmx wrote:
    <snip>
    > If your server should offer only information for the public (eg.
    > webserver) i see no reason, why you should not place it outside the
    > firewall, because in that case, there is nothing what you want to
    > protect on that server, if someone really break in.

    I do believe that you really meant to say DMZ, hidden away behind a
    reverse proxy.

    Devdas Bhagat

    • Re: Should DCs with DNS point to self first?
      ... > when you have all locally, by doing so IMO you're wasting server ... > good reason to do so IMO. ... there are far more issues associated with pointing a DC at itself for primary DNS than pointing at something else. ...
    • Re: Recommended IMAP server
      ... Is there be any particular reason I should swap? ... pop3 mailboxes and passing it on to the imap server. ... > Trying to strip the HTML mail is quite a bit of a mess. ... tend to be much more attached to email clients. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Best way to get large files from a friend?
      ... |> people have "no reasonable expectation of privacy" with email. ... it moves from server to server to get to ... the vpn can intercept it without cracking the encryption. ... able to read people's emails unless there's a *really* good reason, ...
      (rec.photo.digital)
    • Re: Backup Failing
      ... Directory Service Access auditing is enabled. ... and then click Server Management. ... Click Edit to open Group Policy Object Editor. ... >>> Reason: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: XP App 1030 & Sys 40961 Errors
      ... This problem occurs because the Group Policy engine in Windows XP ... Professional and Windows Server 2003 does not have read permissions to the ... > cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. ... > the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)