[fw-wiz] PIX Books

From: Shimon Silberschlag (shimons_at_bll.co.il)
Date: 10/19/04

    Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:45:08 +0200

    Can anyone recommend a good book on PIX firewalls? Even better if the book
    covers FWSM (PIX blade). Our group is familiar with firewalls, just not the
    PIX, so it doesn't have to be a beginner's guide.

    TIA,

    Shimon Silberschlag

    +972-3-9351572
    +972-50-7207130

    • SV: Firewall Basics
      ... based firewalls since having two PIX firewalls would leave you vulnerable to ... the same exploits if a hole in PIX was found. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] Strange Pix behavior.
      ... I'm sure I've seen it on a single PIX 515E as recently as ... TCP protocols that have longer connection lives such as FTP or SSH. ... in a variety of firewalls, many of which were standalone systems. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] Appropriate PIX logging level
      ... the messages from the pix when it rejects a broadcast packet (I'm ... getting 43,000 log entries per day based on the firewalls rejecting ... If what you need is for the PIX to handle but not log certain policy events, ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: Choosing a Firewall
      ... > firewalls. ... We currently have a PIX 506e and seem to be running into some ... If you need to setup PPTP to the firewall, WG makes it simple to setup ... If you need branch-office ipsec dedicated tunnels, ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: internal firewall suggestions required
      ... There are noticable differences between the FWSM and PIX. ... VPN in a separate module is not a bad idea. ... Many of the other firewalls ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)